We are looking for a smart and talented Research and Development Manager who can perform several important roles within our organization. Who will be responsible for research, planning, and implementation of Starter Motors production in our company. Who will also be required to oversee the entire development process of Starter Motor and programs within the organization. His active participation will be required from the initial planning phase to the implementation of starter motor production. Additionally, He is also required to keep track of all the costs related to the creation of these starter motors and decide what ideas are worth pursuing. He also should stay informed on what is happening in the research and development field at large to make sure the company is up-to-date and current with the most advanced R&D developments of Starter Motors.
The research and Development Manager will have to use creative abilities and research methods to improve existing products based on industry trends and develop starter motors to meet the needs of the company’s target market. You are expected to report on any technical product issues that are discovered during evaluation and manage product testing and trials, assessing the materials used, the efficiency of the process, and the effectiveness of the final product.
- Lead Starter Motor projects with R&D to support business goals.
- Develop research programs incorporating current starter motors to improve existing products and study the potential of new products.
- Understand customer expectations on to-be manufactured products.
- Determine and execute improved technologies used by suppliers, competitors, and customers.
- Support Company to hire and develop R&D personnel.
- Establish project goals and priorities by collaborating with Marketing and Operations
- Transfer new technologies, products, and manufacturing processes into and out of the company
- Research, design and evaluate materials, assemblies, processes, and equipment for Starter Motors.
- Suggest training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development.
- Monitor team metrics and objectives ensuring meeting of goals.
- Document all phases of research and development of starter motors.
- Manage customer relationships and perform RFP reviews, customer visits, and starter motors product testing.
- Establish and maintain testing procedures for assessing raw materials, in-process and finished products.
- Warranty analysis, research, analyze results and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Assess the scope of research projects and ensure they are on time and within budget
- Be present at industry conferences on research topics of interest related to Starter Motors Developments.
A bachelor’s degree is acceptable if the candidate has experience working within the industry of relevance or R&D experience in Starter Motor Industries.
- Proven experience in a relevant role.
- A strong sense of creativity aids in the process of thinking of new product ideas and solving problems creatively
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills are also important.
- The ability to communicate well with customers, colleagues, and lower-level staff.
- Hands-on experience in managing or leading a team of employees
- Ability to multitask efficiently and good at managing time.
- Good business sense & must be capable to do to reverse Engineering in the Motor Filed
- Overall industry experience of around 15 years in Starter Motors Field.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a manager, preferably in design management of Starter Motors.
- Experience in managing testing and developing ideas for New Product Development Starter Motor assembly.
- Sound technical knowledge in creating and planning new development processes.
- Strong ability to provide design support at all stages of the design process of Starter Motors.
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Strong partnering skills, with the ability of machines installations and trail carry Starter Motor assembly.
- Excellent people management skills to attract motivate and retain talent.
- Strong on Kaizen and Poke-Yoke Implementation to overcome the Quality Complaints.
- Independent self-motivated and well-organized with an analytical mind.
- Strong sense of duty and initiative